At the Marino Agency Inc. in Mt. Ephraim, NJ, we know that no matter how much you enjoy boating, it’s always a much better experience if you have the peace of mind of knowing your property and your passengers are protected whether you are on the water, or docked.
Our independent agents can help you protect both your boat and your family with the right insurance policy for your watercraft.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
While the state of New Jersey doesn’t require recreational boaters to purchase boat insurance, it’s good to know you’re covered in the event of an emergency. Watercraft insurance can help protect you in the event you are involved in an accident while boating. This type of insurance can help with repair costs, help you avoid personal liability for the safety of others, and even help cover the costs of items inside the boat that become damaged.
Different Types of Watercraft Policies
- Liability: You can choose to add liability coverage to help cover any repairs to your boat or injuries to others if you are found at fault in a boating accident.
- Medical: If you add medical coverage, both you and your passengers will be covered for any medical treatments associated with a boating accident.
- Physical damage: Physical damage coverage is a policy which will help pay for any repairs to your boat suffered in the event of an accident, theft, or other covered incidents. These incidents will be outlined in the policy.
- Uninsured or underinsured: Much like uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, this type of coverage will protect you in the event you have an accident with a boater who is not covered—or does not have enough coverage.
- Fuel cleanup and wreckage removal: Cleanup and removal policies help you with any costs associated with a cleanup after a covered boating incident. Again, the policy will outline these covered incidents.
- Towing and emergency assistance: Again, much like your auto policy, towing, and emergency assistance coverage will help you if you get stranded.
- Unattached equipment: With unattached equipment coverage, items like water skis, anchors, and more will be covered if damaged or stolen.
- Personal effects: You can also choose to add a policy which will cover any personal items you have on the boat, in the event they are damaged or stolen.
With the right policy, you can cruise easy out on the water! If you’re interested in boat insurance in New Jersey, contact us at Marino Agency Inc. in Mt. Ephraim, NJ today!